2014 ASW Schools’ Art Competition Winner: 14 year old (at the time) Amaya Cameron of the Christ the King High School (picture above)
The Antigua Sailing Week Schools’ Art competition is an annual contest sponsored by LIAT that is used to arouse an interest in Art and Sailing amongst the youth of Antigua. Kids/young adults ages 5 – 18 are eligible to enter.
THEME – Protect and love your Antigua
The painting must include an environmental message about keeping Antigua clean and green. The words “Antigua Sailing Week” must be included as part of the artwork. Please remember that your writing is art as well, so try to make the text artistic.
· To be eligible your artwork should not be smaller than 12”x12” but it can be larger. Please ensure it is square in dimensions.
· The artwork must be the original work of one student and only one (1) entry per student is allowed.
· The Name, Age, School and Contact information should be clearly printed at the back of the artwork. Your name or signature should not be written on the front of the painting.
· Artwork can be in any medium (pencil-crayons, markers, water colours, airbrush etc). Not too much glitter please as it can get messy.
· Keep artwork flat – DO NOT ROLL.
PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD ON FACEBOOK!
To enter, take a photo of your completed paining and email it to email@example.com. Only entries that are emailed to us will qualify. Then ask your family and friends to Like the Antigua Sailing Week Schools Art Competition page (www.facebook.com/ASWSchoolsArt) and vote for your artwork. The entry with the most likes wins. Voting ends on Friday, 24th April at 4:00 p.m.
All entries must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, 17th April 2015. All artwork must be delivered to the Antigua Hotels & Tourist Association (AHTA), in the Island House Building on Newgate Street. Contact Thalia at 462-3703 for further information.
Antigua Hotel and Tourist Association
Harpers Office Depot
Sailors for the Sea
The Prize Giving Ceremony is held annually on Dockyard Day on Saturday 2nd May 2015 at the Copper & Lumber Store. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
2014 ASW Schools’ Art Competition Winners:
5 – 8 Age Category
1st Place: Eleanor Knoblauch
2nd Place: Kymani Browne
1st Place: Cannely Colbourne
2nd Place: Ianthe Fraser
3rd Place: Zella Meade
14 – 18 Age Category
1st Place: Amaya Cameron
2nd Place: Michelle Smith
3rd Place: Kelisha Phillip
Tahron Peters Malika Richardson
Oliann Thomas Levi Smith
Gerrick Schouten Ameekah Jackson
Sadiq Chatham Drummond Fraser
Alex George Chelsea Samaroo
To view the 2014 Winning Pictures, visit the ASW Arts Competition Page HERE